1-2-3 Blackberry Sherbet
My mom gave me this recipe, which was a favorite when I was young. Now when I make it, my mouth is watering before I'm finished! —Lisa Eremia, Irwin, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Place blackberries and sugar in a food processor; process until
- smooth. Press through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard
- seeds and pulp. Stir buttermilk into puree.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish. Freeze 1 hour or until edges
- begin to firm. Stir and freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; process 2-3
- minutes or until smooth. Yield: 1 quart.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 249 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.