- GARNISH: (choose three or four):
- Shredded cheddar cheese, garbanzo beans, sour cream, minced fresh parsley, croutons or popcorn
- In a large Dutch oven, saute the onions and garlic in butter until
- tender. Stir in flour and blend well. Add broth, puree, vinegar and
- seasonings; mix well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 40
- Add two or three vegetables; simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Add two meats; heat through. Garnish as desired. Yield: 16-18
- servings (4-1/2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 135 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.