Taste of Home Mobile App FAQs
1. How do I get the FREE Taste of Home mobile application for iPhone?
In order to download the Taste of Home mobile application from iTunes, click here.
2. Can I run the Taste of Home mobile application for iPhone on my iPad?
The Taste of Home mobile application for iPhone will also run on the iPad, however it is not optimized for iPad.
3. How do I search for recipes on the Taste of Home mobile application?
The Taste of Home mobile application comes fully loaded with over 2,000 recipes, including the seasonal collections. The search tab within the app provides the ability to search by keyword to find recipes. In addition to keyword, the app also contains built-in filters to refine the search by course, cooking style, cuisine, ingredients and holidays. Filters can be applied with or without a keyword. Simply tap on the search tab in the bottom navigation, enter a keyword and/or specific filter, then tap the search button to get results.
4. How often do recipes get updated in the Taste of Home mobile application?
New collections are added throughout the year. Nearly each month a new set of recipe collections will be added to the Taste of Home mobile app. Ten updates are planned throughout the year to correspond with the upcoming season and relevant holidays within the season.
5. Do I have to have a network connection to use the Taste of Home mobile application?
Yes, the Taste of Home mobile application requires a network connection either over 3G or WiFi. The application cannot run without a network connection available. An error message will occur when a network connection is no longer available. Please see question 6 below.
6. Why do I see these messages? "No Internet Connection" or "Unable to detect an internet connection. Please check your device and try again later."
An error message is displayed when the device running the Taste of Home mobile application is no longer able to get a network connection. Data for the application requires a network connection in order to run properly. Once the network connection is restored, tap the "Try Again" button to restore the application.
7. The first time I login to Facebook, why do I no longer see the Taste of Home fan page?
Facebook requires a user login in order to view the Taste of Home fan page within the mobile application. Once the tab is initialized, the login will appear requiring Facebook credentials. The Facebook page then defaults to your "Home" page view in Facebook. To view the Taste of Home fan page, simply navigate to another tab in the application, then back to the Facebook tab and the fan page will appear.
8. How do I get the FREE Taste of Home mobile application for Android?
In order to download the Taste of Home mobile application from Android Market, click here.
9. How do I add recipes to my Favorites on Android?
While viewing a recipe within the Taste of Home app, simply tap the menu key on the phone to view the menu options. One of the options allows you to Add to Favorites (or Remove from Favorites).
10. Can I share recipes from my Android phone?
Yes! Tapping the menu key while viewing a recipe allows the share function to work. Share recipes using any method your phone allows: Email, text, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Download Taste of Home App from iTunes >
Download Taste of Home App from Android Market >