Want to send in your favorite recipe, handy tip, fun idea or photo to share with our readers? We'd love to hear from you. Here's how to get involved:
- Simply click on the Submit a Recipe link. If you have a particular magazine in mind, please select the corresponding button on the recipe submission form.
- When sending recipes, please be specific with directions, measurements and sizes of cans, packages and pans. Also, please share a few words about the recipe and yourself.
- For contests, you may enter more than one recipe. If duplicates are received, entries with the earliest postmark will be considered. Recipes that are not among the contest winners may be considered for future magazine issues, cookbooks, promotions or other publications. See additional directions for individual contests on the recipe contests link.
- After you submit materials, please be patient. Due to the large volume, it can take our small staff several months to review materials. We may hold your material without informing you, but we will let you know if we publish something you have submitted. Materials that won't fit in any of our magazines may be considered for our Web sites, cookbooks, promotions and other publications.
- By submitting material for publication, you grant Reiman Media Group, Inc., its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees use of the material, including your name, hometown and state.
We reserve the right to modify, reproduce and distribute the material in any medium and in any manner or appropriate place. We test recipes submitted to us and reserve the right to alter them as needed. We may contact you via phone, E-mail or mail regarding your submission.
If you'd like to send submissions via regular mail, please address them to:
Taste of Home
5400 S. 60th St.
Greendale, WI 53129
If you have a particular magazine, department or feature in mind, please print it on the front of the envelope. You can send recipe cards or photo copies of family cookbooks, and they can be hand-printed or typed on a sheet of paper…whatever is easiest for you. If you would like mailed materials returned, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
- Sending photos? We accept 35mm color prints or high-resolution digital photos. Please submit digital images as jpegs at 300 dpi.
Frequently Asked Questions
I realized that there was an error in a recipe that I have already submitted, how do I make a correction and re-submit the recipe?
It's easy. Just go to your recipe box and click "edit" next to the recipe to make your corrections. Once you save your changes, your recipe will be updated in our database.
How will I know if my recipe has won a contest or will be published in a magazine or cookbook?
If your recipe is selected as a contest winner or published in any one of our publications you will be notified by mail.
Why can't I submit my recipe for consideration to more than one magazine?
It is not necessary to submit your recipe to several magazines since we share recipes between Food Editors. Your recipe will be read by the Food Editor of the magazine that you selected on the recipe submission form. You can be assured that your recipe will be forwarded to the magazine/publication most suitable for your recipe.
Can I submit more than one recipe to the same contest?
Yes, you can submit as many different recipes as you'd like.
If my recipe isn't published right away, how long do you hold recipes for future publications?
We keep recipes for several years to consider for publishing. We will contact you if we do use it in any of our publications.