Introducing new Crisco Olive Oil—the authentic taste you love, from a name you trust. Available in three flavorful varieties: 100% Extra Virgin, Pure, and Light—Crisco Olive Oil is a cholesterol free food.
Olive oil isn't just a part of the Mediterranean diet, but is also a core component of Mediterranean history. The origin of the olive tree has Mediterranean roots, dating back 8,000 years according to some historians. Cultivation of the olive tree played a crucial role in the development of the Mediterranean economy.
True olive oil is about harmony. No matter what the dish, the finest olive oil brings out the best of whatever it's paired with. And because salads and sautés have different needs, we had to be experts in various olive oil varieties, including 100% Extra Virgin, Pure, and Light.
100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Use Crisco 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil when you want flavor that stands out. Use it in salad dressings and marinades and as a drizzle on salads, vegetables, pastas, soups, and stews.
- Toss with steamed vegetables.
- Drizzle over slices of tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, and herbs.
- Brush on crusty Italian bread and bake until crisp. Top with seasoned, chopped tomatoes, olive spreads, or cheese.
- Drizzle over baked potatoes; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs.
- Drizzle over homemade or purchased hummus and sprinkle with parsley.
- Drizzle over freshly made popcorn.
Crisco Recipes Using 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pure Olive Oil
Ideal for marinades and lighter-tasting salad dressings, Crisco Pure Olive Oil also can be used to sauté.
- Brush unpeeled potato slices with Crisco Pure Olive Oil and spread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper or dried herbs. Bake until golden brown and crisp.
- To prevent sticking on gas grills or barbecues, brush the unheated grates with Crisco Pure Olive Oil.
- Brush on meats, fish, poultry, and vegetables before grilling or roasting.
- Toss with pasta salads and slaws.
Freshness Tip: To help keep track of how long a container's been opened, you might write the date on the package when you first break the seal.
Fun Fact: There are 800 million trees in the world, producing more than 70 varieties of olives
Crisco Recipes Using Pure Olive Oil
Light Olive Oil
A mild oil with a slight hint of olive flavor, Crisco Light Olive Oil is ideal as an all-purpose cooking oil. Use it for sautéing or frying chicken and roasting vegetables.
- Add it to your favorite quick breads.
- Use it to sauté veggies.
- Use it to make popcorn.
- All-purpose olive oil.
Fun Fact: Mediterranean countries produce 98 percent of the world's olive oil supply.
Crisco Recipes Using Light Olive Oil
Storing Crisco Olive Oil
- Unopened, will keep for 18 months from manufacturer’s date
- Once opened, it can keep for up to 9 months
- Store in a cool, dry place away from strong odors and direct sunlight